||Administrative Assistant (Part-Time)
|Nature of Work:
||This is a highly responsible position performing critical tasks for the operation of the Albany State University Cordele Center. At times, the part-time Administrative Assistant may be responsible for opening the Center.
The job includes general office work in and, at-times, a fast-paced environment, with heavy use of technology, and a required commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
|Training and Experience:
||* Associate's degree required. Two years' experience in a post-secondary institution preferred, two years working experience in similar position required. Additional work experience may be accepted in lieu of Associate's degree.
* Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs and equipment to consist of scanner, fax machine, and copier.
* Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook.
*Ability to learn new technology quickly.
* Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication and customer service experience, supplemented with secretarial experience in a varied, complex, office atmosphere.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
|Illustrative Examples of Work:
||* Responsible for the Cordele Center end of successful delivery of video conferencing classes. Ultimately, this position serves as the main contact for video conferencing faculty and is responsible for successful delivery of video-conferenced classes on a daily basis.
*Responsible for: attendance sheets, technology issues, room set-up, handouts, administering tests, and packaging materials that must be returned to the main campus, and assisting students and faculty.
* Responsible for making sure that the required multimedia technology is set up in classrooms as required by faculty.
* Responsible for keeping Executive Director's calendar.
* Support full-time staff and faculty with administrative tasks. Including, but not limited to, copying syllabi, tests, and support documents. Answering phones, taking payments, fax, log, and file documents.
*Maintain classroom set-ups and whiteboards.
* Work with potential students, current students and assist with documents, and procedural questions as needed.
* Assist students with logging into computers, getting user names and passwords, and other basic technology issues.
* Set up and monitor proctored tests, take photos and submit information for student ID's, maintain bulletin boards and poster displays.
* Work with Campus Life and programs held at the Cordele Center.
* Administer the Accuplacer test.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
(Screening of applications will begin at date shown and will continue until the position is filled.)
|Open Until Filled
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||General Operating (State)
|Number of Openings:
|If Other, please denote the Name of a Grant:
||$10 per hour
|Facts About the Institution:
||Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to, hospital and major medical insurance, group life insurance, participation in the Georgia Teachers' Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of employment. EEO/AA/Non-Discrimination Statement: Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution which adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws banning discrimination in public institutions of higher education. The University is committed to insuring equal opportunity to all students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, physical or mental disabilities, or sexual orientation. It is the policy of Albany State University to comply with all federal laws, including the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (Title II), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, and all subsequent amendments and implementing regulations which prohibit discrimination as above described. In accordance with the requirements above, Albany State University affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability or national origin in its employment and/or educational programs and activities. Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. The University shall take action, to the extent allowed under state and federal law, to ensure fulfillment of this policy. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, or to file a complaint regarding violation of this policy, please contact the Albany State University Office of Human Resources, 504 College Drive, Billy C. Black Building, Room 382, Albany, Georgia 31705 Director of Human Resources at 229-430-4623. Students requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Student Disability Services Center, New Student Center, 2nd Floor, Green Zone (Room 2-140), Dr. Stephanie Harris-Jolly, Director of Counseling and Student Disability Services, 229-903-3610.
||Applicants who have a disability and who need special services or facilities to apply or to interview should contact Human Resources at 229-430-4623. EEO/AA employer.
|Optional Applicant Documents:
|Required Applicant Documents:
|Application Types Accepted:
||Staff Employment Application