Job Search is a service of The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce and is provided as a means for members to advertise their employment opportunities. To post your job openings go to member login.
This position performs specialized duties in support of the college’s admission functions.
- Processes student applications and related files.
- Processes transcripts, test scores and other required documents.
- Monitors student files for completeness and readiness for evaluation.
- Revises files following evaluations.
- Determines applicant testing requirements.
- Determines student immunization requirements.
- Processes student acceptances.
- Merges and prints correspondence.
- Maintains a variety of files and records.
- Scans and indexes enrolled student records.
- Assists in coordinating and facilitating on-campus events.
- Answers telephone, greets visitors, and responds to email; provides information and assistance.
- Attends training classes.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of Darton State College admissions policies.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents requirements.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in the provision of customer services to applicants and students.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Director of Admissions assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include college policies and procedures, University System of Georgia policies and procedures, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
The work consists of related specialized duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
Admissions Specialist, Admissions
The purpose of this position is to perform specialized duties in support of college admissions processes. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those processes.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, faculty, staff, students, applicants, parents, high school guidance counselors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.