||Asso/Asst Director Div/Dept AD
||Academic Services & Registrar
|Nature of Work:
||This position is responsible for assisting in directing the University's student registration and records retention functions as well as overseeing the maintenance, enhancements, and upgrades of automated systems and technologies within the Office of the Registrar.
|Training and Experience:
- Knowledge of student records management principles
- Knowledge of University registration processes
- Knowledge of academic grading and transcripts
- Knowledge of curriculum and degree requirements
- Knowledge of Banner and Banner tables in regards to the Registrar's Office
- Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority
- Skill in the operation of computers
- Skill in decision making and problem solving
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Registrar's Office with in-depth knowledge of database management principles
- Highly experienced with Banner (class scheduling, curriculum, student records) is required.
- Microsoft Office skills and strong Excel Spreadsheet skill required.
|Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Assists students with questions and concerns; resolves problems and provides information
- Provides assistance to faculty for registration and advising issues
- Works closely with Registrar to identify and utilize the most recent technologies and continual upgrades of current systems and procedures
- Acts as the liaison with Information Technology for the Office of the Registrar related to maintenance, improvements, and new software releases to Banner, Degree Works, and all other software packages used by the Office
- Responsible for all updates/changes to the Banner system in regards to student academic records
- Responsible for data and number reporting systems used in the Registrar's Office: ADC, NSC, NCAA reporting, Veterans Affairs, etc.
- Manages all curriculum changes within the Banner and Degree Works systems
- Oversees all grade changes, incomplete grades reports and faculty withdrawals
- Coordinates all schedule and class assignments in Banner
- Supervise and process degree audits for graduation and articulation services for transfer credit
- Supervise and responsible for the completion of end-of-term processing
- Acts as the liaison and responsible for all Registrar's Office updates with eCore/eMajor
- Oversee all BDM scanning and indexing of student file
- Process hardship withdrawal approval
- Supervises office staff in the absence of the Registrar
- Serves on assigned University committees
- Performs other job-related duties
(Screening of applications will begin at date shown and will continue until the position is filled.)
|Open Until Filled
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
||This position is subject to a background check.
||General Operating (State)
|Number of Openings:
|If Other, please denote the Name of a Grant:
||Commensurate with qualifications and experience
|Facts About the Institution:
||Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to, hospital and major medical insurance, group life insurance, participation in the Georgia Teachers' Retirement System, Optional Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of employment. EEO/AA/Non-Discrimination Statement: Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution which adheres to all federal and state civil rights laws banning discrimination in public institutions of higher education. The University is committed to insuring equal opportunity to all students, employees, and applicants for employment or admission without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, physical or mental disabilities, or sexual orientation. It is the policy of Albany State University to comply with all federal laws, including the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 (Title II), Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Executive Order (E.O.) 11246, and all subsequent amendments and implementing regulations which prohibit discrimination as above described. In accordance with the requirements above, Albany State University affirmatively states that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability or national origin in its employment and/or educational programs and activities. Albany State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. The University shall take action, to the extent allowed under state and federal law, to ensure fulfillment of this policy. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, or to file a complaint regarding violation of this policy, please contact the Albany State University Office of Human Resources, 504 College Drive, Billy C. Black Building, Room 382, Albany, Georgia 31705, Director of Human Resources at 229-500-2026. Students requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Student Disability Services Center, New Student Center, 2nd Floor, Green Zone (Room 2-140), Dr. Stephanie Harris-Jolly, Director of Counseling and Student Disability Services, 229-500-3442.
||Applicants who have a disability and who need special services or facilities to apply or to interview should contact Human Resources at 229-430-4623. EEO/AA employer.
|Optional Applicant Documents:
||Unofficial Transcript 2
Unofficial Transcript 3
|Required Applicant Documents:
Unofficial Transcript 1
|Application Types Accepted:
||Staff Employment Application