Job Search is a service of The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce and is provided as a means for members to advertise their employment opportunities. To post your job openings go to member login.
Commercial Account Representative 10382
Mediacom serves over 1,500 communities throughout the country. While most of our coverage is in America's smaller cities and towns, we believe our customers deserve the same level of digital services that people receive in major metropolitan areas. We have invested millions of dollars to build a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure to deliver a wide array of advanced products and services including digital cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service.
We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve. Our diversified workforce of over 4,600 employees lives and works in the 22 states where we do business
Responsible for obtaining new Video, HSD, and Phone Business accounts as well as Commercial MDU accounts, and identifying all new development complexes when they are built and become available. Obtaining and renewing ROE’s (Right of Entries) in our MDU complexes and maintain good relations with existing MDU accounts as well as commercial business.
• Meet/exceed monthly quota in Commercial Video, Data, and Phone sales as defined in quota document.
• Meet with multiple dwelling units, apartments, local businesses, colleges, hotels, etc. and secure contracts for all areas of service (cable, digital, internet, and phone).
• Enter and maintain all leads and accounts in SalesForce.com.
• Prepares and initiates proposals to new Business prospects.
• Ensures that accounts acquired receive the best possible customer service after the sale is made.
• Resolves any contractual concerns that might occur during the course of the service agreement.
• Compiles and examines all MDU account records to assure timely renegotiation to subscription rates.
• Utilize on a daily basis Salesforce.com for the management of leads through account deployment.
• Prepares and forwards various progress reports to the appropriate manager.
• Completes required documentation, reporting, and filing of service contracts.
• May be required to follow up on delinquent commercial accounts and assess commercial address serviceability.
• Maintains ongoing relationship with commercial customers.
• Other functions that may be assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Two years outside sales experience preferably business to business.
• Commercial telecommunications sales experience preferred.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record required.
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.