Job Search is a service of The Albany Area Chamber of Commerce and is provided as a means for members to advertise their employment opportunities. To post your job openings go to member login.
Supervisor, HFC Networks 7327
Apply online at https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=MEDIACOMCC&cws=1&rid=7327
Mediacom serves over 1,500 communities throughout the country. While most of our coverage is in America's smaller cities and towns, we believe our customers deserve the same level of digital services that people receive in major metropolitan areas. We have invested millions of dollars to build a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure to deliver a wide array of advanced products and services including digital cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service.
We are dedicated to keeping jobs in the communities we serve. Our diversified workforce of over 4,600 employees lives and works in the 22 states where we do business
Providing technical direction for CATV operations so that the highest possible quality of pictures and service is maintained.
· Hiring, training, evaluating and supervising technical staff and oversight of work schedules of technical staff
· Troubleshooting and ensuring repair of cable system, making necessary system adjustments and responding to customer inquiries
· Ensuring compliance in all systems of CLI, FCC, and OSHA performance standards
· Overseeing new construction for adherence to technical specifications
· All other duties as assigned or required
· At least five years’ experience as a Chief Technician with familiarity with all CATV technical jobs
· Advanced electronics training, including RF test equipment and transmission line theories and analytical techniques for problem solving
· Requires demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude
· Must be a licensed driver without major violations
· Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
· Must possess good written and oral communication skills
· Computer knowledge preferred
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.