First State Bank of Albany
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTION/CREDIT UNION
First State Bank of Blakely was originally chartered in 1903 under the name First National Bank of Blakely and has operated continuously in Early County since its inception. The bank was owned and operated under the direction of Mr. S. G. Maddox, Sr. until his retirement in 1993.
A statement of condition in 1904 showed deposits of less than $75,000. Today, First State Bank of Blakely and its banking divisions have deposits averaging around $430 million.
First State Bank acquired the Bostwick Banking Company charter in 1995 to offer its customers a branch in Arlington. Today, the branch operates under the trade name First State Bank of Arlington.
In 1997, First State Bancshares of Blakely acquired First Federal Savings Bank of Southwest Georgia. The number of banking locations was now five: First State Bank of Blakely (Main office); First State Bank of Arlington; First State Bank of Donalsonville; First State Bank of Colquitt and First State Bank of Albany.
In March 2003, First State Bank purchased a building in Leesburg, Georgia and opened First State Bank of Leesburg bringing the total banking locations to six.
In the spring of 2010, First State Bank acquired a banking facility on Shotwell Street in Bainbridge, Georgia. The building underwent renovation and was opened in July 2010 as First State Bank of Bainbridge. With this addition customers now have seven locations for their banking needs.
First State Bank of Blakely is a wholly owned subsidiary of First State Bancshares of Blakely, Inc.