Turner Job Corps Center
- EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS/RESOURCES
At Turner Job Corps Center, we offer training opportunities in high-growth industry sectors & provide training in 14 different training programs. All programs offered here at Turner Job Corps are a blend of bookwork & hands-on, allowing students to train in real work environments & earn industry-recognized credentials.
• Office Admin - Students learn how to use computers & online tools; answer telephones & give information; take messages, transfer calls; create, maintain, & enter information into databases; use photocopiers & scanners.
• Medical Admin. Assistant - Learn how to schedule & confirm appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations; greet & direct visitors; answer phones; transfer calls, manage financial records; & understand health insurance. They also have the opportunity to learn Phlebotomy.
• Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Learn how to understand & use measuring tools & equipment; repair & replace damaged parts; dismantle & reassemble parts of equipment using hoists & hand tools; understand fuel, exhaust, cooling, electrical, & air intake systems; operate & inspect machines to diagnose defects; welding, cutting, brazing, & soldering; & safety on the job.
• Bricklayer - Learn principles & perform basic skills in the laying & binding materials, such as brick, structural tile, concrete block, cinder block, glass block, & terra-cotta block, with mortar.
• Carpentry - Learn to construct, install, & repair structures & fixtures of wood, plywood, & wallboard; properly use hand & power tools to shape or cut materials to specified measurements.
Use the (R) lane to take the US-82/GA-520 ramp Take exit 3 from GA-520 E/US-82 E Continue onto GA-520 E/US-82 E Take Turner Field Rd to Turner Job Corps Rd